Saturday, November 8, 2014

Amazing!!! (In my Oprah sing-song voice)

I've had the BEST two weeks of my life!!!!! Ok anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Halloween, it's my favorite holiday, and this Halloween was a lot of fun. I'd released Mended on Smashwords.com and it did ok in the first week that it was up there but not too great. I got more sample downloads than actually purchases, which was disappointing because I think this is one of my most favorite books and I enjoyed writing it so much.

When I was writing Mended and scouting out public domain websites, looking for a pretty cover for it. I had decided that I was going to finally (and seriously) publish on Amazon. I put Carlie on there last summer but got nervous and took it back down. I mean Smashwords is basically a small and unknown site but Amazon is international and it scared me to think that my story could not be liked. But this time I told myself nothing ventured, nothing gained and I made certain that Mended was well crafted and put it on Amazon. It exploded! I was surprised that so many people liked it and the reviews, oh my God, I was in tears as I read these beautiful reviews. I live in this shell, I'm an introvert, and for me to come out of my shell is a hard thing. I'm a nervous wreck (I can completely admit that), and I'm a self admitted geek, so for people to like something that I do, or did, is a huge deal to me. I've been on cloud 9 all week and am now thinking of putting some of my older stories, like Carlie up on Amazon.

I just love writing and I love telling a story. When I was a little girl my mom would tell us these fantastical stories. My older brother is married with kids and he still talks about his favorite story that she made up, and he's thirty seven. I never met my grandad, he died when she was ten, but mom said he was a storyteller too, so I guess it's in my blood. I just want to go back to college. Once I finish this degree, to take creative writing so that I can craft my stories much better.

Speaking of school, when I started this blog I was actively in school but I took time off of school because frankly I couldn't afford to pay out of pocket anymore. God willing, I am going back for the spring of 2015! But not to Berkeley College. It was four thousand dollars a semester and no this Berkeley isn't California's Berkeley; which if it were, I could stand that four grand price tag a little more. It was just too expensive to pay for on my own. Needless to say, five years of school and 65 grand worth of college loans and no bachelor degree to show for it. So anyone who is reading this, DON'T GO TO BERKELEY COLLEGE IF YOU'RE POOR!!!! I'm not being slanderous I'm just being real. The best thing about it is that I got far enough with my credits that I only had like three terms left to complete. So I got far before I had to take a break.

I have to say though, I'm six months into thirty two and I'm loving this year. I've told you guys that I have hypothyroidism which means I gain weight easily and it is very hard to take it off because my metabolism is basically dead, so I constantly have to monitor myself. Well I've been really working on it because it can make you really sick and I've lost some serious poundage and my numbers have shot up. Not only that but after about five years of debating with myself I've decided to grow out my perm. Now the hair that is growing in is not the hair that I remember. Maybe I just have awful childhood memories of getting burned by the hot comb while squirming, but it's been seven months since I've started growing it out and this is not my hair, at least not what I remember. There are definite waves and curls and it's soft! I'm excited to see what happens with it.

The only thing missing from this so far great year is a new love, not that I'm searching but the year isn't over and I still have eight more years of my thirties left, a lot can happen. I'm a firm believer in the idea of not searching out love (or trouble for that much, which one can seem like the other sometimes). When I meet him, I'll meet him. I'm not going to jump the gun and end up with another jerk. So sorry mom for still not giving you more grand-brats (as we call them in my family) but someday you'll get them.

Well let me get back to work. I'm completely rewriting The Ghost of Mary Beth. I want to add more of a scare to it and less of the love story. Maybe I'll put this one on Amazon when I'm done.

***P.S.
I wanted to add a little note about Mended. I wrote the extended version of Mended first and I loved it but I thought it would be too long and I was nervous that you guys would not like it. So I shortened it and took out like six chapters and changed the ending of the shortened version. So the extended version has chapters 29-34 and the original ending. I put them both up there so that everyone could choose if the wanted a shortened love story or and extended love story. I just hope you love it!!

http://www.amazon.com/Mended-By-Kimberly-M-Clayborne-ebook/dp/B00OY5NWSO/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

http://www.amazon.com/Mended-Kimberly-M-Clayborne-ebook/dp/B00OY5O1CU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1415479825&sr=1-1    ***

Enjoy your Saturday, it's a beaut!

No comments:

Post a Comment