Sunday, October 5, 2014

Hello!

Hi!
I didn't forget about you, I don't think I can. You're always in my thoughts someway but like with most people and their journals entries, things get in the way.

Well it's been literally months and a ton has happened. No new love, unfortunately, but other things. Mostly writing stuff.

So as with every summer for the past ten years, my niece and nephew spent the summer with me. We had tons of fun and I tried to do something new with them as often as possible whether it was the beach, hanging out in the city, or getting on the ferry. It was nice to see them and sad all in the same breath. They're not little ones anymore, they're almost adults and it reminds you of how quickly time fly's. My niece is a junior in high school now and she's talking about going away to college. My nephew will be starting high school next year and he's already talking about how he can't wait to graduate junior high and be a high school kid. I'm so amazed by how time just zooms by.

They left the second week of August and this time, for the first time since their first visit ten years ago, I cried. Not ashamed to admit that auntie is a crybaby. Hopefully, when I have kids, I won't be one of those mom's who cry off of everything their kid does. I think I will be though. Have mercy!

At the end of August I decided to take off a little extra time from school. Yeah I'm not getting younger but I'm starting to think of changing my path. Mom's getting older and she may need a nurse some day or at least someone who knows what's going on so I'm thinking of becoming a nurse. I can't stand blood though and other fluids, forget about it. Someone will puke and I'd be puking right along with them. Selfishly, I'm nervous about this. At least with Information Tech I can get off of work, sleep and write but if I'm a nurse I'd barely have time to breath. As I said, selfishly. I'll figure it out.

Anyway, to back track, I released 'The Ghost of Mary Beth' on Smashwords.com in July and it was so well received that I'm seriously thinking putting it on Amazon too. I don't know, I still get incredibly nervous when I release a new story. There's always that what if. What if people just hate it, I'd be crushed. But then again with the good comes the bad and I have no choice but to wait and see what people think.

I have another story called 'Mended' that I'll be releasing on Smashwords on October 24th. I love this story. I love a lot of my stories but this one is different. The heroine was so much fun to write but my favorite character in the whole entire book believe it or not was the dog. It's crazy but I loved him. He reminded me of my own crazy dog (RIP Cricket!). I'm just putting some finishing touched on 'Mended' before it's release date and I'm nervously excited.

So, all and all, things have been good. There's been a little bit of change but not so much where life became unrecognizable in some way. If it's another two or three months until my next entry I hope I have some great and juicy things to share. If not juicy I'll always have a bit of good news.

Well I'm going to sign off now. It's a little chilly and late to head out so I'll just say enjoy your night!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment